Current Affairs for IBPS Clerk Exam 2016
Current Affairs at a Glance – 24 – 26 December, 2016
- All individuals in families whose total income is below Rs 5 lakh will be covered under a cashless health insurance scheme in Assam. Called ‘Atal Amrit Abhiyan’, the plan was launched on Sunday to coincide with the 92nd birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee.
- The Union Government on 25 December 2016 launched the Aadhaar Payment App with an aim to simplify the digital transactions. This app will do away with the need of carrying plastic cards and the point of sale machines.
- India’s largest private sector bank ICICI Bank on 23 December 2016 launched EazyPay mobile application for merchants as an all-in-one acceptance payment platform.
- The Union Government on 24 December 2016 launched ‘Smart Consumer’mobile App to provide speedy redressal of consumer grievances.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh on 22 December 2016 allotted land for the construction of nuclear power plant at Kovvada in Andhra Pradesh.
- Aiming to modernise and indigenise the Army’s infrastructure capabilities as part of the Union government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Army has selected IIT Gandhinagar (IIT GN) as its research hub and will sign an agreement with IITGN to collaborate in identifying problems faced by the former and find technical solutions.
- India successfully test fired its home-grown long range intercontinental surface-to-surface nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-5. The missile was test-fired from the Abdul Kalam Wheeler Island off Odisha coast at 11:05 am on 26 December 2016.
- The Defence and Research Development Organization (DRDO) has successfully flight tested the Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW), from an Indian Air Force aircraft.
- The Jnanpith Selection Board on 23 December 2016 conferred the 52nd Jnanpith Award on eminent modern Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh.
- The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) recently declared that actor Sunny Leone is PETA’s Person of the Year.
- Indian actor Anupam Kher’s 500th film ‘The Big Sick’ has been selected for world premier at the Sundance Film Festival, to be held in the United States from 19 January to 29 January 2017.
- The 31st National Consumer Day was celebrated on 21 December 2016across India with the theme Alternate Consumer Disputes Redressal.
- Good Governance Day is being observed across India on 25 December 2016. The day is observed to mark the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee who has turned 92.
- Broking firm Geofin Comtrade today said it has appointed Vinodkumar Balakrishnan as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- Indian tennis player Yuki Bhambri on 25 December 2016 won the title of the $10000 ITF Hong Kong F4 Futures. It is the first singles trophy of the season. It was his 11th title on the ITF Pro Circuit.
- India on 23 December 2016 won the Asian Cricket Council Under-19s Asia Cup title. In the final played at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka, India defeated hosts Sri Lanka by 34 runs.